consultation 24/7

all credit cards accepted

Extension of Premises Application

Our Former New Jersey Deputy Attorney General has handled hundreds of ABC cases. Let us put our experience to work for you.

Schedule Consultation

Extension of Premises Permit for NJ Liquor License

New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control Lawyers

Retail licensees, including bars, restaurants and even limited breweries/wineries/distilleries, often require that a permit for an extension of their licensed premises be issued. Whether this is for a grand opening, private party or some other event, the process remains the same. Because this is a permit, you must petition the Director of the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control for permission to extend your premises temporarily. It is imperative that you adequately and timely file these applications, otherwise you will be denied and barred from obtaining the necessary permits. For assistance with your ABC licensing matters, contact the attorneys at Proetta, Oliver & Fay. Firm partner, William C. Fay, IV, is a former Deputy Attorney General with the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. He can guide you through the permitting process to ensure that you remain in compliance with ABC rules and regulations. Call (732) 858-5857 today.

How Can I Get a Permit to License and Unlicensed Area for an Event?

If you are a retail consumption licensee, you must apply for an “Extension of Premises” Permit if you want to licensed an area that is not currently licensed under your application. In order to do so, you must file an application for the permit with the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. These permits and not simply granted. Rather, you must satisfy certain criteria and requirements, including, but not limited to:

  • The extension area must be contiguous to or adjoin the permanently licensed premises. It is usually issued to allow the sale and service in a parking lot, outside lawn area, etc.
  • Application must include a description and sketch of the extension area, reason for the extension and the date and hours the permit is to be in effect.
  • Consent of the local police chief and municipal clerk.

You will not be permitted to engage in package good sales within the newly licensed area. Your privileges will only permit immediate consumption on the licensed premises. Additionally, you are limited to only 25 permits at an individual location annually.

ABC Liquor License Attorneys in NJ

A more formal and permanent version of this extension would be an expansion of the Licensed Premises via a Place-to-Place Transfer. For assistance with applying for a transfer of your license, call (732) 858-5857 today and speak with an ABC attorney.

Contact Us

Our phones are answered 24 hours a day. We are available weekdays during business hours. We also meet with clients on evenings and weekends by request. All major credit cards are accepted.

Proetta, Oliver & Fay

100 Horizon Center Boulevard,
Hamilton, NJ 08691
By Appointment Only

Map and Directions


242 10th Street Suite 103
Jersey City, NJ 07302
By Appointment Only

Map and Directions


20 Commerce Drive, Room 135
Cranford, New Jersey 07016
By Appointment Only

Map and Directions


3840 Park Avenue, Suite 202A
Edison, New Jersey 08820
By Appointment Only


Map and Directions


180 Kings Highway,
Middletown Township, NJ 07748
By Appointment Only

Map and Directions


525 Highway 73, Suite 104,
Marlton, NJ 08053
By Appointment Only

Map and Directions